SharedLABS is a software and technology services company providing a broad range of software, digital, cloud, and security services to both commercial and government clients across many industry verticals including technology, digital media & entertainment, banking & insurance, payments, transportation, retail, and ecommerce sectors.
WE DON’T JUST GIVE MILITARY VETERANS PREFERENCE, WE GIVE THEM DEFERENCE!
Reporting to the CTO of Digital Services, the successful candidate will work within a small Agile development team responsible for developing both Android and iOS mobile applications for internal and external customers of SharedLABS. The ideal candidate will understand that complexity is easy, and simplicity is hard – and chose to do the hard things. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and understand that no plan survives first contact with the enemy, seeing each new challenge through, choosing action over inaction, and taking calculated risks while communicating potential outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 5+ years of hands-on mobile software development experience
- Android Java / Kotlin and Android Studio expertise
- Apple iOS Objective-C/Swift and Xcode expertise
- Deep understanding of either iOS or Android development – both is better
- Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML).
- Experience with Agile software development process, source control, and automated testing and deployment
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively within the engineering team
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a small, fast-paced, hands-on and startup-like environment
- Development, testing, and support of Android and Apple mobile applications used to deploy, manage, and control a wide range of mobile applications supporting nearly every industry and vertical.
- Should have strong technical work experience as an IOS and/or Android developer.
- Ability to deliver across the entire app life cycle concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
- Working directly with developers and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products.
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions.
- Working along the web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps.
- Working with the front end developers to build the interface with focus on usability features.
- Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences, documentation of software applications.
- Help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation and performing code reviews.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and have the chance to contribute innovative and original ideas to our technology, algorithms and product
- Work with the product and design team to understand end-user requirements and use cases, then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of single-purpose embedded Android devices, including single-app devices (pinning and COSU), custom home/launchers as well as other approaches
- Client-side Single Page App (SPA) mobile development, preferably AngluarJS / ReactJS
- Personally published and supported an app in the iOS or Google Store.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) / Azure/ Heroku hosting
- Internet of Things (IoT) concepts and cloud-based management of embedded devices
- Git and Gitlab source control and issue tracking
SharedLABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: SharedLABS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SharedLABS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, color national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or regulations in the locations where we operate. SharedLABS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. SharedLABS encourages applicants of all ages.