SharedLABS is a software and technology services company providing a broad range of software, digital, cloud, and security services to both commercial and government clients across many industry verticals including technology, digital media & entertainment, banking & insurance, payments, transportation, retail, and ecommerce sectors.
WE DON’T JUST GIVE MILITARY VETERANS PREFERENCE, WE GIVE THEM DEFERENCE!
Reporting to the CTO of Digital Services, the successful candidate will lead the concept, design, implementation, support, and execution of Back End Development for internal and external clients, for integrated, cross-channel initiatives. This person will have responsibility and accountability for establishing back-end development guidelines, standards, and best practices for Web and Digital applications, for both new and existing websites, coding native PHP and MySQL, simultaneously ensuring compliance with customer guidelines and strategies. The successful candidate will also possess a strong attention to detail, and enjoy reading and writing clean code, as well as having a passion for staying up to date with the latest web technologies and best practices. The successful candidate will regularly collaborate with internal and external clients, and leadership teams by optimizing code, producing responsive websites that keep visitors engaged.
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will have 5+ years hands-on experience as a Back-End Web Developer, with expert level proficiency in PHP, and a strong understanding of object oriented MVC web development.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including Bootstrap, and knowledge of modern JS frameworks.
- Expert in modern Backend Framework (CakePHP, Laravel, Symfony, etc.) Expertise with Drupal, Symfony and WordPress.
- Proficiency with code versioning tools, such as Git.
- On-line portfolio that includes examples of previous work.
- Good understanding of JSON and other data interchange formats.
- Proficiency in modern standard technologies (such as jQuery) and a willingness to use new ones (libraries such as Knockout.js, Angular.js, etc.).
- Associate Degree or equivalent, or 5+ years of professional experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the estimation, development and testing of PHP driven web applications, ensuring strong functionality and optimization, with a solid understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX, developing a best in class customer experience, and excellent conversion and ROI.
- Participate in fully custom design and development projects, including the implementation of relational database systems and their web interfaces using PHP Frameworks.
SharedLABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: SharedLABS is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at SharedLABS are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, color national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law or regulations in the locations where we operate. SharedLABS will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. SharedLABS encourages applicants of all ages.